Question about Canon BJ S820D InkJet Printer
Paper shifts down into position after print command, but does not feedthrough printer under the heads during printing. As if the rollers arenot engaging on paper to pull it through. Paper thickness lever ispressed to left, as suggested in manual. Happened suddenly.
Cleaning the pick-up roller didn't do the job for me.
But here's what worked!
Step 1: Be patient! It took me about an hour to do this. You'll need emery cloth or steel wool (might work). Or some type of a sanding or abrasive pad. rather fine grit is preferred. And a can of compressed air.
2. Unplug the printer (where the cord attaches to the printer).
3. Unplug the cable that goes to your computer (where the cable attaches to the printer).
4. Remove the back gizmo that "locks".
5. Pick up the printer and set it in your lap so the back is facing up at you. See those rubber rollers? Those are the problem!
6. Using your abrasive material, "sand" each roller from side to side until the light grayish crud is removed. Don't be afraid to push somewhat hard. Do not just smear the light gray oxidized coating around - sand until you see BLACK.
7. You can only do little strips on each roller at a time, then rotate the rollers a little and do this until you have cleaned each roller all the way around. This is a pain in the, uh, knuckles, but the reward will be worth it! Get that gray stuff off of those rollers!
8. Take your nail polish remover, place your finger over the opening, and tip the bottle to get some on your fingertip. Then rub it around on the rollers. Again, you'll only be able to do a small strip of the rollers, then have to rotate the rollers a little and do it all again - multiple times.
9. Take the printer outside and use your compressed air to blow out most of the grit from your emery cloth which is in the printer. Be sure to protect your eyes while doing this! At least close 'em while blowing the grit out.
10. Hook everything back up and try a print.It worked for me! I have no idea how long this will continue to print the thicker papers for me, but it's working now. Best of luck to you!
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
SOURCE: will not feed paper from
see the position of feed roolers in tray 1 they didn't come out cross check them properly & set them in proper position also check the paper path from tray 2 may be sencor blocked or dirty check them.your problem will be resolved 100%
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
SOURCE: on "print" command, paper feed
you may have something in the paper feed area.. unplug all .. lift printer upside down and shake lightly, see if something is lodged in the paper feed area..
if this is not the issue, perhaps the roller(s) is off centre and requires adjusting
send me 4 thumbs up please.
Posted on Jul 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2016 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 20, 2011 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Feb 07, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One Printer
Jan 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 26, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Dec 29, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Apr 08, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX6600 All-In-One InkJet...
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!