My cuisinart cbm-18 does not grind at below a 10 setting?
Hello, and thanks for using FixYa.
I'm guessing the problem is that the grinders blades, or the parts that do the grinding have become somewhat dull, (opposite from Sharp.) and no longer can get to the beans like it used to.
Cleaning the machine properly might improve its performance.
1. Be sure plug has been removed from outlet.
2. Beans can be removed from the hopper by lifting off the lid and pouring excess beans out. Hold down the Manual button to cleanout any remaining beans.
3. The bean hopper, bean hopper lid, grind chamber, and grind chamber lid can be washed by hand with hot, soapy water or placed in the top shelf of a dishwasher. Dry thoroughly.
a. Remove the bean hopper by rotating counter-clockwise bringing the selector past grind setting 18, align the arrows and lift up. Make sure the hopper is empty.
b. Remove grind chamber by pulling toward you.
4. Remove the burr grinder, once the bean hopper has been removed, by grasping the metal handle and lifting up. Use the brush to remove grinds or wash by hand. Replace the burr grinder onto the unit and rotate until the piece is fully inserted. Push handle down and replace hopper.
NOTE: The hopper will not attach to the unit if the grinder has not been fully inserted.
5. Wipe body of grinder with a damp cloth.
6. Any other servicing or maintenance should be performed by an authorized service representative.
WARNING: NEvER ImmERSE UNIT IN WATER
Oct 14, 2010 |
Cuisinart CBM18 Electric Grinder