Question about Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
I use Vista Basic and when I plug my Finepix F5600 into Laptop Vista fails to recognise the camera ,but recognises all other devices when they are pluged in
Try NOT connecting your camera to your computer.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo cataloging program such as Picasa.
Posted on Dec 26, 2012
I had the same problem with my camera & mac. I got this off the Fuji site and it worked for me:
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
click this link directly to get the drivers and download it.
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
You need to uninstall and then re-install the software, a windows update or an improper shut down of your pc probably damaged part of the software.
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2010 | Digital Cameras
Sep 05, 2009 | Fuji FinePix J10 Digital Camera
Dec 24, 2008 | Digital Cameras
Aug 21, 2008 | Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera
Jan 09, 2008 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Digital Camera
Jan 01, 2008 | HP Photosmart 735 Digital Camera
Dec 18, 2007 | Fuji FinePix F460 Digital Camera
Oct 25, 2007 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Aug 30, 2007 | Fuji FinePix A350 Digital Camera
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: