Hi I am traveling out of the country, and I charged my ipod through my ipod's player, which i had connected with the Anerican charger 110 volts (the voltage here is 220) after couples of seconds the charged burned out, the amazing thing is that the player is ok, but my Ipod would not turned on at all.I tried connecting it with the USB, pressing all buttons and pluging it with the player and not luck it does not turn on at all, it is totally dead. Is there any hope that i can still save my ipod, i have used it for a few times only.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check that the IPOD is fully charged. Plug it in to the charger and you should see the screen telling you how much charge it has. Check the slider on the top of the iPod. If it's a Classic iPod there is a switch to prevent accidental turning off or on. Slide the switch to the left and try again.
<p>Apple iPod touch is a personal audio player with the ability
to store and play MP3 files, digital video and downloadable games and
applications. The unit is powered by a rechargeable battery. When charging the
battery for the first time, ensure that the battery is fully charged. From
there you can turn it on or removing the device from the charger, if desired,
regardless of battery level. <br />
<p>1. Enter the main connection for the iPod cable to the
socket at the bottom of the iPod touch. <br />
<p>2. Insert the small plug into a USB port on your computer.
Turn on the computer. Alternatively, an iPod charger, sold separately, you can
recharge your iPod touch with a socket. Connect the wall charger into an AC
outlet. Insert the plug on the door of the small wall charger. The battery icon
located in the upper right corner of the screen, the battery is charging. <br />
<p>3. Let the battery fully charged. When the battery icon to
indicate the device is fully charged, remove the iPod from the cable. <br />
Plug the charger into a USB port or wall charger. Then plug the other end into your i pod. Once plugged in and successfully connected to power then a green battery symbol should appear. If not then their might be something wrong with the power supply or the i pod.
The battery is fully discharged and so indicates that this must be charged immediately. So check the charger unit or try using the USB to the PC to confirm . If so the charger is a suspect. Also if the charger is seen to deliver the voltage then it can also be a pin /connector fault or a board issue. The ipod battery cannot be ruled out in this case.
If the ipod does charge properly through the USB port of the PC then the ipod battery and system is in order. The fault can be due to the battery charging port or the charger or the wire to the charger unit.
Please have the adapter checked, use a multimeter to have the voltage checked.
Plug your iPod into a wall charger, let it lie for a couple of hours. When these batteries become completely flat, it won't easily charge through computer usb, so try the wall charger, see if it works.
You need a new battery for your iPod. you can view a free instructional video on battery replacement at the first web address posted below. the second one is a cheap site I found for purchasing iPod parts.
What type of IPod is this? Also what type of charger are you using? If the ipod does not have a charge at all you will need to plug it into a wall charger for it to get a "Base charge" (this usually takes 5-10 minutes) as if the ipod is totally dead then there is not enough of a charge for the ipod to let your computer know it is there to start being charged. After it has the base charge you can use the usb connection to finish the charge or leave it plugged into the wall charger to finish getting the charge.