Question about Televison & Video
I have a sherwood RX4030Rn receiver and want to program my comcast cable remote to work the receiver. I think I need a five digit number. It is not listed in the comcast instructions. Any help?
Thanks! I am too lazy to get up to turn up the volume....
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The answer depends whether its a Comcast DVR Remote or a regular one. The DVR codes are 4 digit -- the others are 5 digit. I got 0060 to work for my DVR remote.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
SOURCE: sherwood rd7103 rec.
no listing for Sherwood receiver. must do the remote "search" function. here is how:
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
Most universal remotes work the same. Try this. Just keep in mind when you select your item select cable.
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following:
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2016 | RCA RCU600D Universal 6 Component...
Feb 28, 2015 | Sherwood RD-6500 Receiver
Mar 01, 2013 | Sherwood R-965
Feb 19, 2011 | Sherwood RX-4103 Receiver
Dec 11, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-516-K
Jun 30, 2009 | Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver
Feb 28, 2009 | Sherwood RX-4103 Receiver
Apr 10, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!