Question about Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
The printer makes two screeching sounds before it displays this message
The screeching sound is caused when the print head reaches the end of its travel and hits the paper jam which you cannot see using the suggested jam-clearing steps. So
1. unplug the printer
2. lift the cover so the blue support on the left holds the cover up
3. plug in the printer, watch the printer head move
4. after it stops, gently move the printer head toward the middle and look at the far ends of travel. you should find the cause(s) of the jam up against the sides of the printer. remove with needle-nose pliers.
5. replace cover, plug in the machine. it will go through a cleaning or 2, but it should be ready to go after that
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
4. after it stops, gently move the printer head toward the middle and
look at the far ends of travel. you should find the cause(s) of the jam
up against the sides of the printer. remove with needle-nose pliers.
THIS WORKED THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to toss this damn thing in the street !!!!!!!
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
1. take any paper left(not jammed)
2.open jam clear cover from the back(use two hands)
3.pull the jammed paper out(two hands)
4.put jcc back and make sure is set properly
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 03, 2014 | Brother MFC Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 02, 2010 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Nov 03, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Sep 27, 2009 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
Aug 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 18, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 26, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Printer
223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!