- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you can alter the number of rings before it goes to answer machine
set the answer machine up properly and when a message is recorded , the alert light will flask every so many seconds along with a short beep
set it as per the user manual and if you don't have a manual then down load it from the manufacturers site on the net
1. Remove the AC adapter plug from the back of the base unit (not from the wall); leave tel cord connected.
2. While holding down the "set code" button under the cassette lid, plug the ac adapter back into the base. The screen will then display some numbers (110) etc.
3. Hold down the HANDSET keys 1 and 2 simultaneously and then press the speaker button on top within 20 seconds.
4. Press any 3 digits on the handset i.e. 1-2-3.
5. After hearing a BEEP from the handset and base, press 2 on the handset. The base should then say "twenty-five", and the handsets will beep, confirming the new security code is enabled. Press talk or speaker on handset to confirm communication.
6. The time/day stamp and remote access code will be cleared.
7. Best to do this with the answering mach turned off.
8. Restart this procedure if anything goes wrong (may hear a series of error beeps).
I saved my manual and in it I had a fax Casio sent me with these instructions (i had this prob a few times years ago). Good luck!
Your time needs set on your answering machine. If you have buttons on the top of your base, press and hold the day/check button to set the day of the week. Press and hold the hour button to set the hour. Press and hold the min button to set the min. If you don't have buttons on base, press flash button on handset to enter answerer remote mode. Press the 8 key to enter time set menu. Set hour and min using number buttons and set am/pm using caller id buttons. Press # pause to confirm the setting.
On the handset that is on the base is the one you need to use to set the time and date. It will also clear out the CL on answering machine.
On the handset without pushing talk hit the flash key. A message will appear on your phone and it says Answering machine. You can listen to all the options but to set time and date ---push the 8 button. Set your time by using the phone keys such as it's 09:53 then look up in the right corner and use the + arrow key to set AM or PM. Then hit the # key. Then in the upper right corner it will say Mon---use the + arrow key to set the day. Then hit the # key. The message on your phone will say the day is and then the time is. Then hit flash. Then you can check your answering machine and see if that worked. This took me some time. I would not buy another phone like this again.
Yes, I re-read the manual and it says (under Caller ID) to press the flash/program button to answer the new incoming call...I must have hit the pound key in error thinking I hit the flash button. I have yet to try this in real time, but will next time it arises and report if it does NOT work.