- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the Toshiba monitor went black:
1)if there is power from the monitor, check power cable and data cable
2)make sure that its properly connected to the computer
3)make sure computer is on and there is an activity from the computer
4)if the is sound from the computer try a known good monitor if that will work
5) try this Toshiba monitor to a working computer
6)try checking the monitor maybe the back light is busted get a flash light point it directly to the screen it self check if you can find something
7)if all is done bring monitor to a repair station if in warranty manufacturer
Thank you for using Fixya
There are three possible cause why your monitor went black and start working..
1. If your monitor is dead set.. no reaction or lights turn on after power on.. then it needs to check if there is blown capacitor in its power supply section..
2. The high voltage ballast transformer of the backlight inverter is burned - it needs to be replaced so that it will not have a direct effect on the power supply section of the monitor.
3. The backlight inverters are all busted - the backlight was located at the upper and lower back edge of the monitor.. If these lights are busted then all that will be seen in your monitor is black screen.. It will need to be replaced so that image display will come out from your screen..
These 3 reason and its solutions can only be done by yourself if you have the knowledge, proper skills and the right tools to open the back cover of the monitor and replace the problem parts....
Otherwise, bring your monitor to a credible technician and if there is warranty,, avail of this...
press f8 and keep pressing untill menu appears tjen highlight on enable vga mode and press enter your problem will be solved if you want to see high resolution then insert an AGP card into an AGP slot then you can see high resolution use 8X AGP card for better result