An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: does not get hot
The common problem of microwaves not heating up is either the magnatron assy or the high voltage fuse. BEFORE ANY WORK IS CARRIED OUT ON THE UNIT DISCHARGE THE HIGH VOLTAGE CAPACITOR, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, READ UP ON IT OR GET SOMEONE QUALIFIED TO DISCHARGE FOR YOU, THE HIGH VOLTAGE CAPACITOR STORES A DANGEROUS AMOUNT OF VOLTAGE!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The over the range microwave hood has a heat sensor in it. If it senses hot temperatures from cooking below it will turn the fan on. The fan will turn off once it cools down, this is to protect the microwave controls from damage.
Normally when u cook food in microwave the fod is cooked by microwaves, which means the heat is generated with in food. The temperature inside is never too hot and all the heat produced is absorbed with in the food.
On the other hand when the grill is switched on, a separate heatting element gets switched on. You can see this red hot element on the top side of inside of microwave. the heat from this element gets transferred to food through air circulation. But partof heat also gets transferred to the walls of microwave oven. This is the reason the wall feel hot during use of grill.
As i see ther is no problem with the microwave itself. Jut kep delicate thngs a bit away from the microwave.