Question about Nikon Coolpix 4500 Digital Camera
Suspect the small plastic catch on the door has broken. The repair looks simple - two screws seem to hold the item in place.
1) Can it be repaired easily as I susptect
2) where can the part be obtained
3) where can it be sent for repair if it cannot easily be done
PS: Camera works fine otherwise, but the loose door is annoying.
Thanks very much for your help.
1) No, the screws do not hold the hinge itself in place. the door hinge is integrated into the CF card reader. the screws hold in the reader.
2) no clue, sorry.
3) no recomendations, but there are lots of authorized nikon repair centers online.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2016 | Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera
Mar 11, 2011 | Nikon Coolpix L1 Digital Camera
Jun 15, 2010 | Canon PowerShot A720 IS Digital Camera
Mar 23, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Nov 13, 2009 | Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Digital Camera
Mar 20, 2009 | Nikon D40 Digital Camera with G-II 18-55mm...
Nov 25, 2008 | Nikon D50 Digital Camera
Oct 15, 2007 | Nikon Coolpix 3200 Digital Camera
Sep 19, 2005 | Nikon Coolpix 4500 Digital Camera
Nov 10, 2009 | Nikon Coolpix 4500 Digital Camera
Oct 26, 2009 | Nikon Coolpix 4500 Digital Camera
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!