An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Microwave shuts off after about 2 or 3 minutes
Your are correct.
If the internal cooling fan is not working, the magnetron will overheat, causing the thermostat to trip, interrupting all power to the oven until it cools back down.
If the fan is not fixed, the magnetron will be destroyed.
If you or someone you know
decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and
disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
should also be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In most modern combination microwave ovens, if not all, there is a fan that comes on after use to cool the magnetron and cavity down. This is quite normal but if you still have doubts, contact Kenwood's web site and send them a question. Hope this halps to put your mind at rest.
Never run the microwave without a load (something to heat)!!! That kills the microwave generating parts.
Sounds like a 'thermal' protect switch is activating after running. Make sure that (if the unit is mounted in a cabinet) that there is sufficient space around the unit for proper air flow and that nothing is blocking the vents. Try setting it on a counter top and heat something. If it works properly and doesn't shut off, the venting space is the problem. You may have to have the cabinet that it sits in redesigned for more clearance.
I have the same problem with my new magic cheff over the stove microwave oven. I call magic chef and they gave me the 800 number for the service center (1-800-775-0202). When I described the problem they told me to just put a plate under the popper and this wouldn't happen anymore. I haven't tried it yet but here's hoping.