- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error message is displayed by the printer when paper is jammed in one or more locations. In such a case, users are recommended to remove the jammed paper from the specified location. The entire paper path must be checked for any pieces of paper. To stop the message, open and close the top most cover of the printer. Lastly, verify the flags and the sensors. If the problem persists, the cause of the error message could be a broken sensor or sensor lever.
If it worked fine and it indicates a ppaper jam, open the top of the printer and check the left and right corner where the rollers are to make sure their is not a piece from a corner of a sheet. A small piece of paper will give paper jam.
Unplug the printer, replug back in. It should work. If not, open the back to make sure their is not a sheet sutck there by accident.
1. Remove the Jam Clear Cover located in the back of the machine.. Squeeze the plastic tabs located on the right and left side of the cover and pull the cover off.
2. Remove any paper you can see jammed in the machine. If you cannot remove the jammed paper from the back of the unit follow the in structions listed below for reinserting the cover and then continue to Step 4.
3. Re-insert the Jam Clear Cover. The top of the cover has a slotted opening in the center approximately 1/4 inch wide. Hold the cover by the plastic tabs located in the front of the cover on the right and left side and insert the cover into the opening until it securely clicks intoplace (both sides).
4. Open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover until it locks into place.
5. Remove the jammed paper. If the paper is jammed underneath the print head, unplug the machine from the AC power outlet. Gently move the printhead to the far right side of the machine (the "home" position) and then remove the jammed paper.
6. Lift the scanner cover to release the lock and then gently push the scanner cover support down and close the scanner cover.
To test print the Help List by pressing Menu/Set, 6 (Print Reports), 1 (Help List) and then Black Start. The Help list should begin printing.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
Open up the top and look into the cartridge/paper print area. Look in the corners, Sometimes little pieces of paper can still be stuck there. Once you are convinced that the paper and cartridge path is clear then...
Pull out the paper tray. Look inside the opening. If there is paper there then pull it out.
Take all of the paper out of the paper tray.
Turn it over (paper on top is now on the bottom of the tray)