I have a lifestyle 18 bose system which only plays region 2 DVDs. How can I get it to play region 1 as well?
Hi, check below the media center/DVD player as to what region your system was fixed into (indicated by a number inside a globe). This is located underneath the unit just beside the serial number. FI the system indicates that your system indeed is set to region-2 then proceed as follows. IF it marks a different number region, then bring the unit to the Bose service center.
Steps in UNLOCKING REGION CODE of media center:
1. Load a DVD and wait for the display to show "REGION CODE ERROR, CONTACT BOSE"
2. Once this comes out, press eject button on your remote control but do not remove DVD disc
3. Press the following button commands in sequence (make sure they are in sequence and are pressed by looking into the media center display where a small green dot should blink indicating that each command is received).
4. First you need to initiate the system region change on the remote control:
a.while the tray is out and the DVD is still in the tray, press and release "RIGHT" arrow button
b. then press and release "UP" arrow button
c. after, press and release "SHUFFLE" button
d. then press and release "STOP" (black square symbol) button
e. lastly, press and release "MUTE" button and system should go on mute (indicated in the LCD display
After this, you now can change the region code by doing the following button press on your remote control:
1. While the DVD tray is out still and the DVD disc is in the tray, press and release "STOP" button (black square mark)
2. Press and release "SHUFFLE" button
3. Press and release number "0" button on numeric keypad
4. Lastly, press and release "ENTER" button on your remote control and the DVD tray should go back inside the DVD. The disc then should start loading and playing resumes.
5. Allow the DVD disc to run for a few minutes (if you want enjoy a full movie) to keep the region change resident before switching off again.
Now enjoy your Bose Lfiestyle DVD System REGION FREE!!!
Do note, this does not apply to Bose DVD system that are locked to region-1
Glad to be of service always!
Mar 03, 2009 |
Bose Lifestyle 18 System