Question about HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
I have an HP pavilion monitor f1703. Recently the OSD main Menu started coming on by itself and now it flashes on for about 10 seconds and then goes off. for about a minute or two. What's going on? how can I fix this.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: problem on hp monitor
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
this could be a bad button connection or the osd IC chip is failing for some reason that would need to be tested to determine why.
so if you can take it apart then clean the button and the plastic of dirt , and check the contact button to see if it looks faulty or check it to see if it is making contact all the time
if those are not the problem then it is the IC chip and will need testing to find the culprit
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
hello..the problem is just sticky tack switch's so try to clean or re-align the frame/body of LCD..Thanks.Good Luck..^_^
Posted on May 11, 2009
Estava também com o mesmo problema de voces, já estava irritado, então abri o monitor e desconectei a ligação com a placa de controle dos comandos dos botoes do menu. é fácil fazer. Só que não vai funcionar mais os botoes. pelo menos essas mesagens não vão mais incomodar.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
The problem of OSD Menus popping up automatically are usually caused due to a faulty switch in the Menu button which is getting switched on automatically.
This menu will not harm the computer but constant OSD menu will most probably lead to permanent damage to the pixels in the LCD screen plus it is a constant irritation to your eyes which are most precious.
This problem can be rectified by replacing the faulty menu switch. Hope this solves your problem Thanks.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2011 | HP Pavilion F1523 15" LCD Monitor
Apr 08, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Feb 24, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Aug 24, 2009 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
Jul 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
May 19, 2009 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Jan 20, 2009 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Jun 29, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
5,767 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!