- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try to reset the device by pressing the power button for about 15 to 20 seconds..if that doesnt work I would recommend you to go to the sandisk site to update the firmware on your device or you can contact sandisk to they can help you with updating the firmware on your device..Please follow the link below to get the firmware http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376
The number for sandisk is 1-866-726-3475 Please rate accordingly Thank you Computerrep
I couldn't get my e260 to work at all. Came to fixya and was able to reformat. Comes on now but can't get computer to recognize it and also will not let me set date and time. (time and battery level do not even show up on bottom of e260 screen). Help!
Seems like oyur Sansa E260 is experiencing some system errors. Here's a procedure you could try -- it's setting your player to the Recovery Mode and re-flashing its firmware. I hope this helps:
Switch your Sansa E260 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E260 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E260 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E260 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E260 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E260 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred which caused the "Load Main Image Failed" notification in the first place.
When the process is complete, unplug your E260 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E260 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully. If not, try steps 1-4 again