Question about Fuji FinePix S6500 Digital Camera
Hi. I have a Fujifilm S6500FD and it's giving me a headache because I can't connect it to my computer. I'm trying to connect it with an USB data cable. The computer recognises my camera and everything is fine, but when I want to access my pictures on the camera, it shows me this message:"The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and is properly connected to the computer."
I tried to install everything to solve this problem, from USB drivers to FinePix Viewer. I also have several USB ports, and I tried them all, but nothing happened.I also tried to connect my camera on several other computers and it worked fine even without the programs required for the camera. So I tried to reinstall my operating system and it showed no improvements. And everything's the same.
Thank you for your help!
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with my camera & mac. I got this off the Fuji site and it worked for me:
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
This is just a suggestion, as I am not an expert.A couple of years ago I had a problem with my older, Fuji Finepix camera related to the computer downloads/programming and I found Fujifinepix web site. I sent them an email and they responded and did not charge anything. Could try that..
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
Sounds like there is no connection between your camera and your pc.
Try another USB port on your PC.
You actually do not require a driver for XP.
XP will automatically detect the camera. SP2 + 3
If all fails, get a card reader.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Here's the best solution. Get a card reader for your card (available at Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy, etc.) and use it to download your pics to a folder you create on your desktop. Once there, you can do anything you like with them.
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2012 | FUJIFILM FinePix AX300 / AX305 Digital...
Mar 11, 2011 | Fuji Finepix S6500FD Digital Camera
Nov 06, 2010 | FUJIFILM FinePix AV100 Digital Camera
Jul 17, 2010 | FUJIFILM Finepix S1500fd Digital Camera
Sep 11, 2009 | Fuji Finepix S6500FD Digital Camera
Aug 09, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5700 Digital Camera
May 23, 2009 | Fuji Finepix S6500FD Digital Camera
Dec 05, 2008 | Fuji Finepix S6500FD Digital Camera
Oct 29, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S6500 Digital Camera
Dec 13, 2007 | Fuji FinePix S6500 Digital Camera
259 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: