Conon mp160 e5 error
Canon printers MP 160 AND MAYBE OTHERS
A) E5, E6 or E4 - it is cartridges error - to fix press the "stop\reset" button for 5-7 sec. and then release
B) E27 - it is code for reset absorber (EEPROM reset or Waste
ink counter reset) and follow the described below
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off)
then turn it on again.
Only in B) case you can enter into "service mode", in A) case or if have e.g. paper jam, or another error you CAN'T enter
the "service mode"
Anonymous see A) case: E5, E6 or E4 - it is cartridges error - to fix press the "stop\reset" button for 5-7 sec. and then release
Apr 26, 2010 |
Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...