- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
probably you are trying to play a disc that is not zone free or you need a code for your player to make it zone free. you may be playing a zone 2 disc ( PAL) on a machine that only takes zone 1 (NTSC) or vica-versa.
1. Make sure there is no disc in the player. 2. Turn power off and on again. 3. Open the tray. 4. On the remote, hit 9879 and then 0. This changes unit to Region 0, meaning it'll play all regions. 5. Hit OK on the remote.
Turn the player on and open the disc tray. Press [CLEAR] followed by  and one of the keys ... corresponding to the region you want to set the player for (1 for Region 1, 2 for Region 2 and so on, press 0 for Region 0 or Region Free). Turn the player off then on again for the changes to take effect.
To verify the region code, press [SETUP] followed by . A screen will then pop up with the firmware info and the current region code setting. Using [SETUP] did not work for me.
To modify the region, turn on the unit and open the disk tray. Using the remote, press [CLEAR][zone code] and cycle power on the unit (not necessary to unplug the unit, simply use the front left <POWER> button. Example: Turn on; open tray; [CLEAR] ; unit OFF, unit ON and you'll get a zone free DVD player.
To confirm the zone code, turn on DVD player, (unit may or may not have a disc, check that the disc tray is closed, and press [SETUP]. You'll have all the firmware information (Version xx.xx.xx.xx SUB-VER xx.xx.xx.xx; 8032 xx.xx.xx.xx; Servo xx.xx.xx.xx; RISC xx.xx.xx.xx; DSP xx.xx.xx.xx; Region Code 0) That's that final "0" that you are looking for!
How to activate the multi-region functionality
1. Make sure the disc tray is open and remove any discs from the player.
2. Key in ‘7 7 7 7’ using the remote control.
3. Select region 0 for a region-free setting.