When plugged in to electrical outlet - the microwave starts running even with door open, the fan also runs and interior light stays on. Touch pad will not work. One of the surface lights also blew just when it started to do this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
These above range microwaves "hoods" automatically turn on a cooling fan even when the microwave is not in use. If you read the manuals you will see warnings about the fans automatically starting. Even when the microwave is not in use opening the door likely interrupts the power to the automatic cooling fan.
there's a ghost in your microwave, call ghost buster. Seriously, the problem is the control panel. (((((the microwave oven can store thousands of volts of electricity in its high voltage capacitor, even after the microwave oven has been unplugged. That's more than 30 wall outlets combined.
Replacing electronic parts in a microwave oven can be extremely dangerous.))))))) tank you Samsung Model SMH1816S XAC Parts
Inspect the power cordUnplug
the power cord and check for voltage at the outlet. Also inspect for
damage, shorts, or burn marks that can be a possible safety hazard.
Bad door switchIf your
microwave does not work at all and you know everything is plugged in
properly and the outlet is functioning, then also check the door hooks
and the door release button. Using a volt-ohm meter on RX1, check your
terminals. When your microwave door is closed you should have a reading
of zero. Once the door is open the reading should change to infinity. If
these readings do not match up, replacement of the door switch is
Blown fusesTo determine
if your fuse has blown out, which may attribute to your microwave not
running, you need to pull the fuse out using a pair of fuse pullers. Lay
it down and using a volt-ohm meter on RX1, check both ends of the fuse
in question. If you do not get a reading of zero, then you will need to
replace the fuse.
Bad fan motorLocate the
fan and remove the leads. Again using the volt-ohm meter on RX1, check
the terminals. If an infinity reading is displayed, it means that the
fan has gone bad and requires replacement.
The cooling fans run for a time after the magnatrons have stopped, The magnatrons are the heating components so I dont think you are in any danger as the microwave doors are double locked so the magnatrons cant run once the door is open
Always have something in the microwave before turning on. A glass of water is OK. It's needed to absorbed the energy.
All microwaves will stop if the door is opened. This a safety feature. Never operate with the door opened.
The button below the plug outlet is a test button for the GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter). This is a safety feature of the electrical wiring for your home. Make sure it's turned on.
Since this is a new unit, you may want to take it back to the store you bought from for an exchange/refund.
Limited 1-year entire appliance
Limited 1-year entire appliance
For models produced on or after January 1, 2006 See written warranty for full details