Question about Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
CAN ANYBODY HELPMY DISABLED WIFE'S 2 YEAR OLD TOSHIBA MODEL MW27F51 MFG DEC/2005 HAS DVD/VCR ON LOWER PART OF CASE. THIS TV HAS NOT PLAYED OVER 300HRS IN 2 YEARS, SHE TURNED IT ON 2 DAYS AGO TO FIND NO PICTURE AND NOTHING WE'VE TRIED HAS MADE ANY DIFFERENC. IS THERE A FUSE OF SOME KIND INSIDE THE CASE? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?????
There is a fuse in the TV set, if you would like to check and see if it has blown, here is a way you can do it:
1) Unplug the TV's power cord from the wall
2) Take the back off of the TV by removing the screws and slowly removing the back panel.
3) Look for a component that looks like a glass tube with metallic caps on each of the ends, this will be the fuse.
4) Visually inspect the fuse to see if it shows signs of being open (Blown) These signs are burn marks inside of the glass tube, an open conductor (wire) inside of the glass tube, or no visible wire inside of the tube.
5) using a multimeter set to resistance (R x 1) test the fuse for continuity (remove and change the fuse if found to be defective)
6) If the fuse is not bad, reinstall the fuse if removed, put the rear cover back on.
Now at this point we have determined if the problem is a fuse being blown or not, if you replace the fuse and the TV works great the problem is solved, if you replace the fuse and it blows again, or if the fuse was ok to begin with, then you have a problem that will require some knowledge of electronics pass the basics to continue on. At this point I would suggest that you call a qualified TV repair technician to troubleshoot and repair the TV in question.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2010 | Toshiba 32AV500U 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 05, 2010 | Televison & Video
Dec 02, 2009 | Toshiba 32HLV66 32 in. LCD TV/DVD Combo
Jul 08, 2009 | Toshiba 57H81 57" Rear Projection...
May 03, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4407 Notebook
Feb 27, 2009 | Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Feb 22, 2009 | Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Feb 21, 2009 | Toshiba MW27F51 27 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Jan 27, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook
243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!