Re: stored radio stations and time erase when car is...
The radio was installed incorrectlly. Make sure the red wire from the radio is connected to a switched 12 volt source(has voltage when car is on, none when it's off) The yellow wire to a constant 12 volt(hot at all times) this wire mantains the radio memory and must always have power.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert that has 1 follower.
Re: stored radio stations and time erase when car is...
Make sure you are programming the stations correctly sometimes you have to hold the button for several seconds to get it to store in properly , if this is done right and you still have problem you have a blown fuse the memory back up fuse is blown.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
first of all you must be able to check out a few things like do you know how to set your clock for the kd-r805. if you can check to see if you set your clock and set your presets for radio station to be saved. set your clock and set all your station presets once done. Once you have done that turn off the car wait about 60 seconds then turn your car back on to power up the radio and see what happens to your clock and presets . if your clock and presets are not still saved this means that who ever did the radio install has the yellow memory wire connected to switch ignition and not constant battery wire from the factory harness. have someone fix it. If the clock and station presets are still save then it was that you don't know how to program the clock.. how to program your model radios clock .......
STEP 1 : TURN ON POWER TO RADIO
STEP 2 : PRESS AND HOLD MENU UNTIL THE MAIN MENU IS SHOW ON RADIO SCREEN PRESS AND TURN THE VOLUME KNOB TO MOVE THROUGH THE MENU (YOU MUST CANCEL THE DEMO FIRST TO BE ABLE TO PROGRAM THE CLOCK). STEP 3: TO SET THE CLOCK SELECT THE CLOCK IN THE MAIN MENU SETTING ROTATE THE VOLUME KNOB AND PRESS IT ONCE TO SELECT THE CLOCK SETTING.
STEP 4: ADJUST THE HOURS AND THEN PRESS THE VOLUME KNOB TO MOVE ON TO THE SECONDS . STEP 5 : THEN SELECT 12HR OR 24HR TO BE DISPLAYED STEP 6 : RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS MENU BY HITTING (BACK BUTTON) STEP :7 TO EXIT SETUP OR MENU HIT THE (MENU BUTTON) email@example.com
These are great systems:
Go into "MENU" (MENU BUTTON)
Scroll down until you see "MENU/HELP"
Scroll down to "PROGRAMS" - HIT "SELECT" when you find "PROGRAMS"
It will say "PROGRAM 1 of 1" that is what you want - Hit enter
- This will tell you what time the program is set to run
If there is more than one program, You will see "PROGRAM 1 of 2" or however many programs you have programmed.
If you need to delete a program, go to the program you are looking to delete, it will ask you if you wish to delete the program and you will use the up and down arrow on the panel.
It is really that simpe!
For deletion of all programs (factory default). There is a SMALL reset button. The lights will go out and then light up. Will light up to the left and then to the right. Resetting this will erase all run times back to factory default. You will not loose your programs (memory of knowing what system it is) it just resets the times to factory default (1200 Military times).
***IF YOU HAVE A COMPLICATED PLUMBING SYSTEM WITH SEVERAL RUN TIMES - DO NOT DO THIS!**
If you are looking to just erase additional run times and only need the one run time (for circulation) this might be the better option to resetting and erase all run times and reset back to a basic 1 of 1 run time.
You can initialize the scanner to delete all information that you've programmed into it and return it to its original factory settings. To do this:
1. Turn the scanner OFF, then turn it ON again. 2. Press and hold down the CLEAR key and insert a pointed object, such as a paperclip or the point of a pen, into the RESET opening in the back of the scanner, and press the button inside the opening. 3. Release RESET. When information reappears on the scanner's display, release the CLEAR key.
NOTE: You must release the RESET button before releasing the CLEAR key.
Also note that this procedure may not be necessary. Programming a new frequency into a channel automatically deletes the frequency previously stored in that channel.
TRY THIS. GO TO THE STATION YOU WANT. PUSH AND HOLD THE SELECTED PRE-SET BUTTON YOU WOULD LIKE TO PROGRAM. PUSH AND HOLD TILL THE DISPLAY OF THE STATION BLINKS OR THE RADIO BEEPS. IT WILL BE FOR A FEW SECONDS. TO CHECK, TO THE STATION THEN PRESS THE PRE-SET BUTTON TO SEE IF IT STORED YOUR STATION. LET ME KNOW.
It is supposed to change the radio settings to what ever was programmed at the time the program was set. Your van has settings that can be programmed to personalize more than just the seat. It stores the programmed radio station the seat settings and on some vans that have the power tilt steering it changes that too. If you do not want it change the radio settings you will need to store a new setup for the number that you use with the radio station you want.
i figured it out with help from a delphi service rep.! you need to go into the menu and reset to factory default.this will erase everything you have changed from the factory settings,but once done you can reprogram your settings and they will stay. step 1-enter menu step 2-reset factory default settings step 3-reprogram your preset stations,FM freq. colors etc. step 4-use power button on the roady to turn it off.once the roady shuts down turn it back on with the power button. step 4-now you should be able to turn the key off without erasing your presets.
by going back to factory settings do you mean when you program radio stations into memory presets, they're erased when you turn the unit on? if that's whats happening, the problem could be with a battery that may be in the unit. alot of electronic devices have a battery inside that should last for years [or forever] that keeps the memory of everything
stored for when the unit is unplugged.this battery [or the unit itself] maybe defective.if you do talk to rca, ask them if there is a battery.maybe the manual even mentions it. you probably can't change it yourself.