Somehow my parents (elderly) went to use Sharp microwave and when they punch in the time and try to hit start the word lock shows up on it and it won't work can you help me out, is it junk or something simple?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
GE manufactures various models of microwaves with a range of features. Among them is a child safety feature that allows parents to lock the keypad. Though children can still open the door, the keypad lock prevents them from starting the microwave. The lock is in the form of a keypad code that renders the buttons inactive.
* 1 Press and hold the "Clear/Off" button on the microwave's keypad. * 2 Hold the button down for three seconds. * 3 Wait for the "L" on the keypad's display to disappear and display the time instead, signifying that the device is no longer locked.
If the microwave control panel doesn't light up, then your fuse is blown. unplug the microwave. unscrew the vent grill, (2) screws at the top of the microwave. then you should see 1 screw holding the control panel. after removing that screw, gently push up then out. there should be a metal plate on top of the control panel. remove that plate and the fuse will be in that opening. remove the fuse and check for continuity across the fuse. Replace fuse and microwave should begin working.
My parents had the same problem. It turned out that a switch went bad. When you take the case off, there are 3 switches where the door latches. The bottom switch went bad. It is an Omron D3V-16G-3C25 switch.
Could be; replacement fuses avail @ RadioShack or a similar place for a few bucks, so it's worth trying. Just remove the outer casing, look for the white plastic snap-on container (might say "FUSE" on the side). See this also: