My PDA is about 5 years old. Previously I could sync using Active Sync. Now I have a full PDA, a new Dell with Vista, and am unable to get the files from the PDA into the PC. The Windows Media Center can't help me. Any smart way to get about 1500 contacts and a couple years of Outlook calendar into my PC? Or should I abandon Vista and install XP?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi. While holding power button, and pressing reset will do a hard reset to your PDA (reset the device to its factory default settings). So if your PDA is working well, don't do it. As for the syncronization with your Vista PC; Winodws XP uses the ActiveSync software for syncronization, and for Windows Vista, Microsoft developed a brand new syncronization software called "Windows Mobile Device Center". It can be downloaded here: (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center-download.mspx). When you download/install this software to your PC, you should be able to connect your PDA to your PC without any problem, and definitely without changing any OS in your PDA or PC. Hope this helps.
try syncing through bluetooth, there could be a problem with the cradle. i have had an issue very similar to yours and had to do a soft reset on my pda. then set up your device to use a blue tooth connection( you may need to buy a bluetooth dongle for your pc).
I use my 548 to keep my work and home versions of Outlook syncronised. I have about 70 contacts stored. Three suggestions..
1) Do you have enough free memory? Emails can take up megabytes, and for that reason I choose not to sync emails.
2) Are all of your contacts in the same Contacts folder? I have two contacts folders on my home Outlook, one for me and one for my wife, I only sync my contacts to my 548.
3) In Activesync, click on Options, Sync options, contacts, settings and make sure that "Syncronize all contacts" is checked
This may be a simple case of removing all the entire active sync directory.
If you used to connect via serial+com it wont be detected on usb.
Remove active sync from your pc via the add remove program feture, then reboot and re install.
Then run the make a connection again from active sync.
Hope this helps