An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
GPS Devices Master
Re: GARMIN Nuvi 880 Bluetooth Menu Missing
Was it there before? If it was and it's not there now, please check what bluetooth version of firmware you have. I'm not sure about the 880 but on a 660 you press the wrench symbol, then the gear symbol and then "about".
If you see that the bluetooth firmware is 0.0, you'll need to go to the garmin website, download their webupdater and reflash the bluetooth firmware using a USB cable between your Nuvi and a PC.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may not have a complete US map on the unit. You may only have the NW SE OR NE states. AT the main menu, press the wrench/tools button, then the map icon and then the map info button. What does it say?
Worked for me but not sure why, I had the same problem of freezing when updating Bluetooth firmware on a Nuvi 770. I chose to reset all user data (press lower tight hand of touch screen while powering on) and next reboot it updated firmware sucesfully. No idea why this worked.
1. First, you have to turn your bluetooth function (power) on your phone on. See your phone manual.
2. On your Nuvi, press the wrench symbol, then the bluetooth symbol. Press the option to enable bluetooth on your Nuvi. You will know that it is enabled when you see the bluetooth logo at the main menu on your Nuvi.
3. While in the bluetooth menu of your Nuvi, press the ADD button. It will tell you to turn the bluetooth function on your phone, which you should have already done in step #1.
4. Your Nuvi will start searching for your phone and if it finds it, the brand name will show up on your Nuvi's screen. Select the phone model and press OK. It will then tell you the pass key code. On your phone it will ask if you want to pair with your Nuvi. Select yes and enter the pass key code into your phone. This is usually 1234.
That's it. Your Nuvi will say you can now make phone calls. When you unit is paired to your phone and the bluetooth is turned on your phone, you will see a telephone handset at the main menu. Press that and you'll be able to select options to speak the phone number, enter it manually, transfer your phone address book to your Nuvi, etc......
If your phone isn't recognized by your Nuvi, make sure you have the latest bluetooth firmware on your Nuvi. It can be updated with Garmin's webupdater program available on their website.