HELP! One day my set will power on and cycle through video 3, video 5, dvd, cable box, and sometimes the actual program I want to watch will show up. Other days I can not even turn the set on. No flashing lights, and most of the time the remote will not work the TV. Any ideas??
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Sony projection tv HELP!!
Initially, let us try a simple one; flick/snap with your finger nails any and all of the buttons on the front control panel of the TV unit. The ides is to unstuck any of the buttons. They maybe in a pressed position. Incidentally, any sudden change in the weather/temperature? Any rain lately? Condensation, dampness, humidity maybe playing with the rubber pads of the controls or with the electronics inside.
Alternately, you can try the hard reset; unplug from the mains for an extended period of time, say an hour or more.
Should none be corrective, pls post back the exact model number.
Just a start, do postback how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and Thank you for using FixYa.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would suspect your cable box first. I would unplug the power cable from your cable box and wait 60 seconds. Plug it back in and try to watch cable tv. I would also make sure the coaxial cable going from the wall to your cable box is connected properly. I would also make sure the cable going from the cable box to the tv is connected properly. Test your tv and see if it works correctly when you watch cable. If this fixes the issue you are good to go.
If this makes no difference use a set of new cables if you have them.
If this does not work then call your cable company. They may have to replace your cable box.
comon sony problem Sony has and Ik circuit tha is suppose to not allow video in there is an uneven emission from the crts what you have on both sets the tube are getting so weak causing the circuit to kick in and out in other word you need crts inboth set and they are not avail new you can have them rebuild but the set will never look good again time to retire them
1) Check if it happens with different video sources like Cable, Cable Box, DVD Player etc.
2) If it happens, check for the Flash Focus settings in the TV or convergence.
3) If are able to locate and still convergence occurs, perform the power reset by disconnecting the power cord from the wall outlet and connect it back.
4) If the issue occurs, your TV may require service
Yes , this sounds like the EPROM IC is failing or the crystal that keeps the frequency on the IC needs to be replaced , or even the buttons on the tv could be warped by the heat of the tv( if it is the buttons , then removing the control board from the plastic buttons will stop the random cycle and may make it so you can turn on the tv , but if not then it is the EPROM IC or crystal)
to check and see if the chip is messing up , hold down the menu button on the tv or vol up down and see if it stops cycling thru the video inputs
Good Day, corilyn;
Several things that you may try:
1. Unplug TV and Cable/Sat box for 3-4 minutes, plug all back in, that's resetting the devices.
2. Some boxes have volume controls, make sure 'box' volume are turned to max.
3. Go into TV's customer menu, go to audio section, make sure speakers are turned on/ set to internal speakers.
No sound on what? DVD & VHS, okay?
Need more information:
1. Where don't you get any sound from?
2. Are you using cable box, sat.,or.....? What?
3. If box what type?
4. ANT, VIDEO, COMP, HDMI or ECT. inputs.
If you are using a cable box there are some boxes that have volume controls on them, please check volume level.
Please clarify what source you are using & check all 'other' cables.
Good Luck, Day, Big Irish.
possible video switching ic or menu settings checked menu first then one at a time start removing inputs to see if one is causing a problem and on which input if all are affected after you checked your meun settings ,possibly internal video switching is at fault.