Question about Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The fax picks up the fax call coming in, and will receive 1 page then say "Hardware Error 0502" how can I fix this??
HI try this its from the lexmark web site
Hardware Error 0502 on LCD Display ID:ENUS16536
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
5. Take out both cartridges.
6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
12. Make a standalone copy.
13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Sep 13, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 24, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 19, 2010 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP OfficeJet V40 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 30, 2007 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!