Question about Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC
98% of all Axim X5's with screen alignment problems can be fixed
using these instructions. The design of the unit eventually wears
through the ribbon connector to the screen, and causes it to be
grounded, which gives you the sympton of always needing alignment.
A 3mm piece of electrical tape will usually eliminate the problem
for several years. This is fairly easy if you have tiny screwdrivers,
but I assume no responsibility if this doesn't work or something breaks.
1. Backup data with ActiveSync's Backup/Restore function under "Tools"
on the desktop PC. If you use Vista's Windows Mobile Device Center,
it's under Mobile Device Settings-->more-->Backup and Restore.
If you use a browser, delete the temp cache, cookies and history files.
2. Remove main battery to uncover two screws, and remove backup battery
and any memory cards or blanks.
3. Carefully unstick the four rubber feet on the back, uncovering four
4. Very slowly unstick the two rubber side panels, making sure most of the
sticky stuff stays on the rubber grip.
5. Use a tiny phillips screwdriver to take out the six screws on the back.
6. Carefully separate the front and the back halves of the case. A little
prying with a tiny flat screwdriver might help, especially at the bottom.
The half covering the top might have to be moved further up so the top
will clear the headphone jack. The front should have only the speaker
wire connected to it, which can easily be pulled up and off.
7. Locate the small mylar cable at the bottom of the front of the screen.
You'll see a nick or dent in the insulation right over the left wire.
Take a tiny piece of electrical tape slightly larger than the nick and
put it on. Don't push too hard on the cable.
8. Put the case back together, reversing the directions above. Plug the
speaker wire back in with the black wire on the bottom, red wire on top.
Put the top half back on starting at the top of the PDA by putting the
dark plastic part over the headphone jack first. Put the bottom half
back on starting at the bottom of the PDA near the sync connector by
putting the two easy-to-break snap-in nubs in place first.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2011 | T-Mobile MDA II
May 15, 2011 | HTC Tilt 8900 Smartphone
Feb 02, 2011 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 Smartphone
Jun 23, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
u just do one thing..restart ur phone again..& when it asks u to set up ur windows..than tap on the black spot firmly ...u just need to tap on than spot only..nthing else after that leave..it will start processing..& ur phone will be on.
Oct 22, 2007 | O2 Xda Trion Smartphone
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!