Hi I recognize the importance of resolving this issue and I look forward in providing you with the necessary assistance you need.
Problem: Cannot get network on the Mac not specified
OS : MAC computer Windows installed on it
Printer Office jet 6500 Wireless.
There are few thing which are required to know before we start trouble shooting
: Before you can install the product, your wireless network must
already be set up. (To set up your network, follow the instructions
that came with your particular access point.)IMPORTANT
: Before you can install the product, you must have the following information about the network:
: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
: WEP key or WPA passphrase
For a new product:CD installation is a quick and easy method and if you do not have a CD, you can download the software you need.CD installation : CD installation might not work
if you are installing the product on a computer running a newer operating system that released AFTER the HP product released as the software on the CD is current to the date of the product release.Downloading the HP Drivers
:Downloading the software provides the best results for your older product.
Even though it takes more time than using the CD, downloading the latest software can help you avoid installation issues. Downloading is also the recommended method if your computer operating system released after the HP product released. The software that you can download from the HP Web site is the most
current software available for your product. HP often updates software
and drivers AFTER the product and CD release to the market ..
Wireless installation: If you have not previously installed the software, follow these instructions.Step one: Prepare for installation
1 Make sure that you have the following requirements before you begin:
- Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- WEP key or WPA security passphrase
- A computer that is connected to the wireless network.
- Internet access. HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.
- Your wireless-capable HP product. Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.
- A USB cable (used only during installation).
- Administrator privileges or password
2. Make sure the product, access point, and computer are all on, and that the computer is connecting to the wireless network.
3. Connect the USB Cable to the rear port of the HP product and to any USB port on the computer.
4. Exit all applications running on your computer.Install the software
To install the product software, follow the steps for the method that you want to use (CD or download).
Method one: Install the software with the software CD
- Insert the Macintosh product CD into the CD drive of the computer.
Double-click the HP software disc icon
that displays under the Xp/Macintosh HD icon.
Double-click the HP Installer
The HP Installer
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation.
When prompted to set up your device and software, select Continue
If a check mark does not appear, select Configure your device for a wireless network
, and then select Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the software
Option two: Change connection type
1. Open HP Device Manager.
2. From the Information and Settings
drop-down menu, click Setup Assistant
3. The HP Setup Assistant window opens.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to change your connection type to an existing wireless network.