Question about Kitchen Ranges
Okay, my Kenmore gas range works fine about 85 percent of the time, but other times, the oven just won't light. When I turn it on, I will hear some clicking and then it just stops. It only does this rarely and when I had a service tech come out, of course it was working fine and I paid $60 for nothing. Also, when I cook something a long time (10 hourse) at a low temp (200-225), the oven will cut off sometime during the cooking and then won't come back on. Has anyone heard of such a problem? It's very frustrating, because it only seems to happen when I have people over (as in Thanksgiving) and I need to use the oven! The model number is 665.75022100.
Replace your oven ignitor. It has to draw enough current to open the gas valve. it is only drawing enough current 85 percent of the time so the other 15 percent it wont light the oven (Gas valve wont open) The part number for the ignitor is 8190618 and is 55 bucks at sears.com
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Aug 25, 2014 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Dec 13, 2013 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Dec 10, 2013 | Kenmore 96422 / 96424 / 96429 Electric...
Dec 01, 2012 | Tappan TGF320 Gas Kitchen Range
The ignitor is not working right and is going bad....
have the repair man replace the ignitor, or DIY....
Check out this tip about your problem...
Oven not Working or Oven not Heating
Oven Problems Replacing the Igniter
Nov 22, 2010 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Feb 16, 2010 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...
Sep 11, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges
Aug 31, 2007 | Kenmore 78812 / 78814 / 78819 Gas Kitchen...
May 28, 2017 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!