a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the main fuse for continuity - inside the cabinet, near where the power cord enters. Stay away from all high voltage components as they can carry a charge of 4000 volts, or more, even when the oven is not operating.
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction. Make sure the !!!!any
capacitors are discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of
repair. Check the door interlock switches first then the high
voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high
resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!),
the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the
primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the
magnetron is best checked by substitution. Hope that helps.
The problem is in the magnetron "more likely" or the high voltage transformer that drives the magnetron. The cost to repair will run high in either case and come down to a personal choice, but! in the long run cheaper to buy new than to repair.
If you were to take the turntable coaster out and wash it in hot washing up water paying attention to the wheel surfaces, I think that will fix your problem as I suspect the wheels are uneven with deposits stuck to at least one. Hope this helps.
liquid probably has entered keypad laminate; causing a short. unplug unit, direct warm hairdryer to entire keypad; plug back in; and hope for the best. if no luck; replace keypad. also never spray anything directly onto keypad; always clean with a moistened towel with light force.
Yes. The white inside the glass that you are describing is a blown fuse. To find out what size fuse it is look around the base or top of the fuse. You will see engraved something like "125V 5A. You can pick these up at Home Depot or Lowes in the electrical isle. You can also type www.google.com and enter the word "fuse" and then the size it is. (125V 5A) If you have found this information at all helpfull, please rate my solution. Thanks D. Lange
This model does have a child lock. If it's on, the display will say "LOCKED".
It is turned on and off by holding dfown the "0" key for 4-5 seconds.
You may also have a bad keypad, which in many cases can be replaced.
A bad keypad may be worn out due to age, damaged, or it may have gotten wet or otherwise contaminated.
Moisture and contamination can be caused by spraying of cleaners, by storing the microwave in an unheated garage or shed, or infestation.
I warn my customers to never spray cleaner directly onto the microwave keypad, since the liquid can get inside and "lock up" or even ruin the keypad or controller.
Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) to a cloth (paper towels can scratch) and gently wipe it off.
I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.
Repost if you need more help.