An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: cant get my sound to work
If you go to the Dell WEB site and then to the support and download page you can get the audio driver for your model computer. To get the correct drivers for you computer you can type in the Service Tag number and this will then list the drivers for all the hardware components for your model computer.
Note: Not all drivers are applicable to your computer, it depends upon the hardware configuration/options that you selected at the time of purchase.
The Service Tag number is on a label on the back of your computer, if it is missing you can also locate this number from the BIOS setup.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like you have the wrong driver installed or there are more drivers that you need to install and update.
One way to ensure that you install the correct drivers is to go through the Device Manager and update your driver.
This is for a Windows XP system
To Update your drivers through Device Manager, pls do the following:
1. Attach your computer to the internet, make sure you can get on the internet by launching your browser, ie. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari
2. Navigate to Start/Control Panel, System
3. Choose the Hardware Tab and click Device Manager
4. See if there are yellow exclamation marks or question marks listed
5. Select them and right click on each one (you have to do this one by one until you see no more yellow exclamation marks or question marks)
6. Choose Update Driver
7. Follow the prompts to complete (usually by clicking ok to all the prompts)
This is for a Windows Vista or Windows 7 system
1. Connect your computer to the internet and ensure that you have internet connection by launching your browser and surfing to your favorite website.
2. Navigate Start/Control Panel/System
3. On the top left hand corner, click Device Manager
4. Do the same from 5-7 under the Windows XP directions up above.
Again, remember that sometimes drivers are related to something else on the system. Therefore you may need to update one or more drivers. This is the only way to ensure that you get everything.
Let me know how it works out and please don't forget to rate me.
me too have that problem, i updated me XP SP2 to SP3 and failed to install bluetooth, then i removed SP3 and re install bluetooth, it worked fine, as my comment, reinstall ur OS to windows XP SP2 and try.
Pl check the whether all driver from OEM have been installed including MB and try to reinstall the driver it should work fine. or reinstall the SP2 for win XP. then install the OEM driver again, this should work, else there might be hardware problem.
OK ! As far as I can tell, (hopefully) you have installed corrupted audio drivers for the laptop. Its an issue that I have come accross 1 month ago. I fixed it by doing the following...
Installing the latest audio drivers for the downgrade of XP.
Installing the latest audio/video codecs for Windows XP.
Installing the latest Direct X redistribute
Uninstalling the windows update:MSWindowsHighDefinitionAudio
These three (Audio/Video Codecs, Audio Drivers and Direct X) are responsible for "decoding" your Movies and Music. If they are outdated or their host application is corrupt, they can cause sum grief to your multimedia.
Also, a very rare issue could be that you're selected (If you are using Windows Media Player 9-11) the speed settings. It could be that the speed settings are set to low. To troubleshoot this, simply download and install 3party apps like WINAMP (for audio) and VLC / VLan Player (for Video) and open your music or video with either one of the mentioned apps...