I installed this Dynex Webcam in Messenger 9.0 running on Vista. I bought the computer last Christmas. I can see myself on the cam but my friends cannot. What do I need to do or install in order for this to work?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Using Dynex Webcam in Messenger
This may work, if you don't mind going backwards a little bit. Lots of folks have had problems with version 9, from not working at all, to webcam problems, video problems, audio problems on and on. Google: Windows Live Messenger (Version 8.5). This is the best version they put out and versions after that lack some of the features found in 8.5.. I am not talking about "regular" Windows Messenger here, but rather Windows LIVE Messenger 8.5. Completely remove your old version and download and install the above version. It also has, in one of the tabs, a place where you can choose which camera you are using. I am currently running two differerent cameras, but I only use the one for Live Messenger. The other one uses a free program I found on the web which allows me to monitor my home when I am away. Getting back to your problem......make sure that you ONLY are downloading Windows Live Messenger v8.5 and no other. Some sites will automatically jump you to the latest version, and you don't want that. Try www.majorgeeks.com I think that's where I got mine but even that may direct you to Microsofts web site. You still have the option as to which version you can download. If this cures your problem, please rate this solution as helpful. Thanks and good luck.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Double click on Logitech - Use the 'Advanced' mode - Revo will make a Restore Point and then uninstall Messenger using the Logitech uninstall software. It will then scan your C drive and Registry for all fragments and files that failed to uninstall. Delete everything it finds Restart computer
Visit the Logi website - click on your cam and download the Installer
http://download.yimg.com/ycs/msg/dl/msgr9/us/ymsgr900_2162_us.exe This will work with Vista too. use the link to download yahoo instant messenger version 9. You must first remove any previous installations using the Add/Remove Programs in Windows. then run this .exe file to start the install.
i'm sure your webcam driver is not compatible with vista..try download that driver for vista in hp support n driver website n install by using vista only...don't use same driver for windows xp when u installing your webcam into vista
i have a logitech webcam. it doesnt work. I can see myself and i can see my "cousin" on her webcam. But she can't see me. Whats wrong??? She says that on her computer it says that my webcam is not connected. but it is!!!!
This is how I got the VideoCam Messenger to work on a computer running Windows 7 (32-bit):
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!: DO NOT restart your computer at any point until the very end of these steps.
1. Plug in the webcam.
2. Windows will install their weird Sonix driver from 1994 automatically.
3. The most crucial part: Click "Devices" in the Windows Control Panel. Click on the USB Camera (whatever the webcam is called)... then you need to go to the "Properties" until you can UNINSTALL the driver that Windows automatically installed. I think you have to click Properties twice to be able to get to a place where it lets you uninstall the driver.
4. DO NOT restart.
5. Download this: http://download.geniusnet.com/webcam/VCMessenger_V.zip (Incase the link is broken, this is directly from the GeniusNet website and it's called "VideoCAM Messenger Driver for Win 7 / vista 32 bit")
6. Install this completely, but DO NOT restart. (Also, make sure you click "Install this anyway" when it asks you about being an unsigned driver.)
7. After you do that and you DO NOT restart, it will automatically come up with a screen that shows Windows installing the driver, but this time it's installing the actual driver from the software you downloaded in step 4.
You may now restart your computer if you want.
If you do these steps correctly, I guarantee you will have your VideoCam Messenger webcam working.