Acer Aspire 5630 Brightness controls unable to be fixed...
Okay I know you use Fn to change the brightness but my brightness increase button doesn't work, is there any way to increase my brightness without using Fn and that right arrow key? (which doesn't work period..)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
For Windows Vista / 7 1. Press the Fn+Left Arrow Key for brightness down and Fn+Right Arrow Key for brightness up (the Fn key is located at the left side of the space bar) 2. If that won't work, go to Start > type Power Options and click on the Power options icon.
Occasionally, you may find your laptop's monitor is too dim for your liking. A normal desktop computer's monitor has an on-board menu system that lets you adjust the brightness and picture control settings as you please. A laptop monitor has no such controls. You can adjust the brightness of your laptop monitor using your laptop's keyboard.
1. Press and hold the "FN" key on your laptop's keyboard. This is the "Function" key, which operates much the same way that the "Shift" key does: It allows keyboard buttons to be used for multiple purposes. It's located in the lower left corner of most laptop keyboards, next to the "Windows," "CTRL" and "ALT" keys.
2. Look at the top row of keys on your keyboard for a key with a tiny triangle pointing upwards and the symbol of a sun on it. This is the "Increase Brightness" key. With the "FN" key held down, press the "Increase Brightness" key. On most laptop keyboards this is the "F7" key, but it varies depending on the model.
3. Continue to hold down the "FN" and "Increase Brightness" key until your dim laptop monitor has reached the level of brightness you require. A laptop monitor can only get so bright. It will stop at its highest setting. 4. Release the "FN" and "Increase Brightness" keys. You have now fixed your dim laptop monitor.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya
Most computers have a key combination to increase brightness. This is usually Fn+UP for brighter on Fn+DOWN for darker. If this is not the correct key combo, look for keys that have symbols looking like the sun or a light, those keys combined with Fn will change the screen brightness. This can also be changed in Windows, if that is the OS you are using. Go to Start->Control Panel->Power Options and an opiton for screen brightness will be there. Also, right clicking the battery/power cord icon in the system tray can get you to the power options.
Examine the keyboard. There should be a symbol on most of the function keys (F1, F2, etc.). Look for one that looks like a sun or lightbulb, either with an arrow pointing up or with the sun/lighbulb filled in. Hold the 'Fn' key, and tap the up/bright sun/lightbulb key a few times. The screen should increase in brightness.
If you cannot find the specified keys, you may be able to adjust brightness from inside Windows. Right click on the battery icon in the taskbar and open 'power options'. Look for a sun and moon with a sliding bar between them. You might also be able to adjust brightness by customizing your desktop (right click on the desktop and look for the proper menu).