Question about Bosch HGS435UC Gas Kitchen Range
The power went out and went back on during cooking. The range started beeping and all lights on the touch panel are flashing. What could be wrong? The USER INTERFACE BOARD or the POWER BOARD?
Bosch 700 series range. So far unplugging the range and waiting several minutes to plug back in reset everything like rebooting a computer.
Posted on Apr 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2011 | Kitchen Ranges
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 09, 2010 | Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
Sep 16, 2010 | GE JGBP80 Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 03, 2010 | Tappan TGF363 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 12, 2010 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Nov 25, 2009 | Maytag MGR5750 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 25, 2009 | Magic Chef CER3760 Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 17, 2009 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Nov 10, 2009 | GE Kitchen Ranges
535 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: