Question about Sony KP-53HS10 TV
My Sony kp53hs10 projector TV will turn on and show the picture for about 30 seconds, then it goes blank. The sound continues to work.
I recently had this same issue. If you remove the speaker pannel in front of the set, you will see a block with 6 knobs on it, just to the right of the center panel. This is called a focus block. 3 knobs on top which control the voltage going to each tube, and 3 on the bottom are for fine tuning focus for each tube.
If your problem is the same as mine, it is a convergence problem. and due to the fact that the picture is turning off, says that one of the tubes is not getting enough power.
NOTE: BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE FOCUS BLOCK, THERE IS EXTREMELY HIGH VOLTAGE WITHIN THE TELEVISION, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY.
1. Make sure the screen is blank, ex video 2 with nothing on. It's easier to tell.
2. very slowly, one at a time turn up the knob on the left top, should control red, untill you start to see lines come on the screen, then turn back just till they dissappear, and you see a black screen again.
3. continue with the second knob on top, just the same as the first.
4. And continue with the 3rd knob on top right just the same.
5. when you're finished, turn off the set, then back on, let is set for a min or 2, then hit the FLASH FOCUS.
If the problem persists, it most likely is a IC chip.
Best of Luck
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2011 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Apr 12, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Oct 25, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Oct 02, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Aug 26, 2009 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Aug 07, 2009 | Samsung HL-P5063W 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Apr 25, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55WF655 36" Rear...
Jan 25, 2009 | Sony (XL-2400) Projector Lamp for...
Feb 26, 2008 | Televison & Video
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!