Question about Sony KP-53HS10 TV
My Sony kp53hs10 projector TV will turn on and show the picture for about 30 seconds, then it goes blank. The sound continues to work.
I recently had this same issue. If you remove the speaker pannel in front of the set, you will see a block with 6 knobs on it, just to the right of the center panel. This is called a focus block. 3 knobs on top which control the voltage going to each tube, and 3 on the bottom are for fine tuning focus for each tube.
If your problem is the same as mine, it is a convergence problem. and due to the fact that the picture is turning off, says that one of the tubes is not getting enough power.
NOTE: BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE FOCUS BLOCK, THERE IS EXTREMELY HIGH VOLTAGE WITHIN THE TELEVISION, AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY.
1. Make sure the screen is blank, ex video 2 with nothing on. It's easier to tell.
2. very slowly, one at a time turn up the knob on the left top, should control red, untill you start to see lines come on the screen, then turn back just till they dissappear, and you see a black screen again.
3. continue with the second knob on top, just the same as the first.
4. And continue with the 3rd knob on top right just the same.
5. when you're finished, turn off the set, then back on, let is set for a min or 2, then hit the FLASH FOCUS.
If the problem persists, it most likely is a IC chip.
Best of Luck
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2011 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Sep 13, 2011 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Oct 02, 2009 | Sony Standard (CRT) Televisions
Aug 26, 2009 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Apr 01, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Mar 03, 2009 | Sony KP-53HS10 TV
Oct 18, 2008 | Toshiba 32A33 32" TV
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!