Question about Pioneer VSX-D411 Receiver
I know that this post is long outdated, but I came across it and had to post. Sorry, but the solution posted by nfanres is not correct. Just because the KLH speakers are rated at 250W does NOT mean that they will always pull that much from the receiver. That is just a manufacturer rating saying that they recommend supplying a max of 250W to the speakers. The reason your receiver says "Overload" is most likely due to the subwoofer being an improper impedance for the receiver, causing the receiver to see a lower resistance in the load, and thus outputting too much power. I could go into a detailed explanation as to why with Ohm's Law, but just suffice it to say that if you decrease the resistance, current will increase, thus the overloading (too much current draw for the receiver).
If you haven't already, try just unhooking the sub and going back to the setup you had before. Generally, Pioneer receivers are protected, and just say "Overload" and shut down everything so that nothing fries. If you have already tried that, then I don't know what to tell you - something must have internally tripped. You have probably either gotten rid of the receiver or fixed it by now, but I just had to post and clear this up for anyone else who might have a similar problem.
In short, ratings on the backs of speakers do NOT mean that they pull that much power. It's just a rating of how much you can push from the receiver to the speaker.
Posted on Dec 25, 2007
Well based on the specification of the unit u can use only 100 Watts x 2 for stereo and 100 Watts x 5 for surround. but u used 250 Watts x 2, this alone will overload the system. u may have blown the power amplifier ic/transistor not the fuse, otherwise there will be no display at all.
Posted on Feb 02, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2014 | Pioneer VSX-D411 Receiver
306 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!