An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: My laptop only has one light in front, whereas before...
What laptop do you have? The good thing about laptops is, they have two methods of power consumption, battery and AC. I may be asking an already dun it question, but have you used the AC adapter plugged into a wall outlet to turn on the laptop?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ifthe laptop battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be wornout. Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cyclesand will lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up atall.
ORThe battery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected thebattery drops off to zero capacity in a very short time.
Ifthe battery drops to an unacceptable charge level then the battery needs to bereplaced.
Not worry, you computer battery is completely charged, any Laptop's battery light is off that means it is completely charged and it turns off automatically. It is called auto off after battery is completely.
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced. 2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop. 3. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work. 4. The power button could be bad. 5. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Due to regular use of the notebook, some static charges tend to stay in the computer, and sometimes results in not allowing the computer to function properly.
Please follow the power drain procedure to confirm the same:
1. Disconnect the AC Adapter. 2. Remove the Battery. 3. Hold the Power button down for 30seconds to 1 minute. 4. Put the Battery in. 5. Reconnect the AC adapter. 6. Turn on the Notebook power. 7. Restart the Notebook.
If the Notebook boots up you may fix the battery back. Try restarting the computer only with the AC power, without the battery & vice-versa. If the issue still persists then I request you to reset the memory modules, as sometimes the memory module connection get loose.
we had a similar problem the ac jack socket burnt out so we got a replacement part from ebay and my husband put it in and hey presto it works it cost 6 pounds for the part whereas a company to fix it wanted 100
Hi, when u get power on of your laptop .u seen Red/orange light blink 4 times on front panel.it means your laptop battery is not getting charge.please get charge for minimum 6to 8 hrs & then try to on .if y u laptop battery is get charge u r laptop will started on (also confirm your A/c adapter is working .green light is display on front panel it indicates charging on )
if your laptop not charging better change the ac adaptor to charge but if your laptop not booting but the charger charge the the laptop the problem is you motherboard just try to reset you CMOS then try to boot again