Question about NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router (obwgr614_1)
The router light is not working i tried restarting the router and internet both did not work. what should i do
Hello Sean Lin,
The only option for the 5th pc would be to get it wirelessly connected. You need to install a wireless adapter to your pc. Set the IP & DNS to automatically obtained from router.
You also try to adjust or temporarily disable the your firewall and other securities;
Disabling Windows Firewall
Note: A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or software. Such software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic that infects your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To disable your Windows firewall, please follow these steps:
Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1
1. In the Control Panel, double click Network and Internet Connections. Then, click on Network Connections icon.
2. Right click on Local Area Network (LAN) Connection on which you want to disable the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), and then click on Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, you will see protect my computer or network check dialogue. Then, click on the Settings tab.
4. Click on OFF then OK.
Disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2
1. Please click on Start, then click Run. Then, type in firewall.cpl and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click OFF (not recommended) and then click OK.
I hope this troubleshooting steps will help..if not please notify me
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2017 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 14, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 07, 2007 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Feb 14, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: