Question about NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router (obwgr614_1)
The router light is not working i tried restarting the router and internet both did not work. what should i do
Hello Sean Lin,
The only option for the 5th pc would be to get it wirelessly connected. You need to install a wireless adapter to your pc. Set the IP & DNS to automatically obtained from router.
You also try to adjust or temporarily disable the your firewall and other securities;
Disabling Windows Firewall
Note: A firewall is designed to help protect your computer from attack by malicious users or software. Such software includes viruses that use unsolicited incoming network traffic that infects your computer. Before you disable your firewall, you must disconnect your computer from all networks, including the Internet. To disable your Windows firewall, please follow these steps:
Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP or Windows XP SP1
1. In the Control Panel, double click Network and Internet Connections. Then, click on Network Connections icon.
2. Right click on Local Area Network (LAN) Connection on which you want to disable the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), and then click on Properties.
3. On the Advanced tab, you will see protect my computer or network check dialogue. Then, click on the Settings tab.
4. Click on OFF then OK.
Disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP SP2
1. Please click on Start, then click Run. Then, type in firewall.cpl and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click OFF (not recommended) and then click OK.
I hope this troubleshooting steps will help..if not please notify me
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2011 | Belkin (F5D8235-4) Wireless Router
Apr 11, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Feb 06, 2010 | Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router
Nov 03, 2009 | NetGear DGN2000-100NAS Router
Aug 14, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Aug 02, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 31, 2009 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Apr 27, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Mar 07, 2007 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Feb 14, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: