Sending a document from the computer and nothing prints!
We installed the printer software and it worked once. Now, when we try to print, nothing happens. Could it be a problem with the IP address? I noticed that on the first printing, the IP address ended with .101 & now it ends with .104. I think it's changing. Any ideas? Should I make it a static IP address and how? (the only reason I suspect that that is the problem is because our other printer did the same thing way back when and I don't remember how we fixed it).
Re: Sending a document from the computer and nothing...
Try using the Lexmark Print Server instead of the generic print server (if you use a Windows Server to share the printers). Also a new driver V2.0 was just released. Additionaly you can try to set 100 full duplex, but this is complex and has to be done at the printer, pressing a serie of buttons.
These printers are crap, we have constant problems with them.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Sending a document from the computer and nothing...
To manually set the IP address in this printer you have to run the Dell setup utility. Here is the download link: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R133968&SystemID=PRN_LSR_1710N&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=9368&devlib=0&typecnt=2&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&libid=40&fileid=178396
Also if you're looking for the manual the link to the pdf version is here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/1710n/en/index.htm
Good luck and let us know how things go.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have tried your best with possible troubleshooting to fix the issue. There are few possible workaround solution for this issue.
First, If the USB Cable is more than 3-5 ft long, it could be the reason. Also, if the USB Cable is worn out or is broken in-between.
2nd, The printer does not seems to accept command from PC ( win 7 ) using the HP Software. So Uninstall the Software. Restart the PC.
Do not install Printer Software. Connect the Printer USB to PC and Windows 7 will display new hardware detected message.
Continue with the New Hardware Found Wizard and install the drivers it will list by Default.
Try to print and it should work.
If this works, You will be able to print without any problems however if you want to scan a document, you need to use Applications like MS-Paint, Microsoft Word etc, or Use the Scanners and Camera option in Control panel.
You can then install the software disk of printer or the downloaded software from Hp website to install Printer software for SCanning.
If you do so, you will find 2 printer icons in Printers Folder. First one will be with WSD text ( this icon is created when you connect the printer using USB without installing the printer software ) and 2nd icon will be HP Photosmart C7200 All in One ( this will be the Software installed ) and this will be default icon with check mark.
Whenever you want to print from any application, You need to click on File - Print - choose the WSD icon to print.
Try to do a test print using the printer utility installed on your computer and also check if the driver is properly installed on your computer and if not make sure that your printer is using the printer driver from your setup CD.
Instead of pressing the start button to print, you need to press the small ON/OFF button. The start button works to copy/scan. But to print, you will need to turn the printer on first. Once the printer is on, the computer should recognize it fine and allow you to print from your applications.
If it doesn't say it is specifically for VISTA then it is not for VISTA.. Even if it does show up on the computer ,that just shows that some driver for that model printer is installed. Not necessary one that will work. Go to the weblink that I gave you. Download the VISTA drive and update the driver, using the one you downloaded ,and that will most lkely fix the problem.
1) First let's make sure the hardware is working. Place a document face down on the scanner glass. Press Start Copy Black. Did it scan and print? If not, please let us know. If it did, go to the next step. 2) Please confirm the USB cable is plugged firmly into the back of the printer and to the computer. Do not go through a hub, switch, or router. 3) Click on your Apple icon (upper left corner), System Preferences, Print and fax. Do you have the F2210 printer listed more than once? I am going to suggest removing the F series printer. Highlight it and press the minus button to delete. Once you have removed it, close all windows back to the desktop. On the computer click on Hard Drive > Applications > Hewlett-Packard > Device Utilities > HP Setup Assistant. Follow the on screen directions to add the printer back to computer. Do not re-register the printer (choose skip or register later). Once your are able to click finish, try printing again. I would suggest trying to print from Text Edit first. This will rule out any possible issues with the Word document you were trying to print. Click on Hard Drive > Applications > Text Edit. Type your name in the untitled screen. Click on File > Print. Make sure the F2200 series printer is selected. Click Print. Did it print?
It is really my first time to encounter that particular message that the "directory needed is unavailable". Here are the things that i want you to check.
1. Make sure that you logon to your computer using the Administrator previlege. That way, it will allow you to install and uninstall programs or softwares without any warnings. 2. Try to open the controlpanel>>> go the Printers and faxes>>> then make sure that the HP Deskjet F300 series has a check mark and it says READY. 3. If it doesnt say ready, right click the printer icon and it will give you option "USE PRINTER ONLINE". click on that. 4. Now, try printing a document.
Note: if the issue still not resolve, please give me further informations about the operating system, when you tried to print does it stays on the printing queue?
Check that is defined as default printer in 'installed printer' in Windows, and that you are not sending documents in printout to another non connected printer present in Windows under 'installed printers'.
Unplug completely computer from power socket and from USB for 10
minutes, to get rid of electrostatic problems on USB. Plug everything
back and restart.
Check the USB cable, replace USB cable with a different one to check if it was the cable.
Uninstall printer from 'installed printers' in Windows (delete). Disconnect printer from USB, reinstall printer from printer software CD or downloaded driver. Connect printer to usb only after installing, or when explicitly required by software, this is important