Question about RCA 20F530T 20" TV
If, when you turn down the color control all the way you have a black and red picture, then your picture tube is most likely weak and it's time to replace the set. If the black and white picture is normal, then the set could have a problem in the chroma circuit. Either way, it would not likely be worth repairing.
Posted on Dec 16, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2011 | Mitsubishi WT-42315 42" TV
Jan 02, 2011 | Sony KV-32FS13 TV
Apr 17, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Jan 14, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P5663W 56" TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Nov 15, 2010 | RCA 20F530T 20" TV
313 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: