Question about Kenmore 63652 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loud pop Our microwave was running, then there was slight "pop" and the whole control panel was out. I checked all the circuit breakers, and the outlets in the immediate area. Any suggestions? Thank You Howard

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Kenmore Master
  • 8,795 Answers
Re: Loud pop

You probably have a blown fuse (15A or 20A ceramic type) which may be caused by a blown part in the high voltage section. These are widely available at local stores. You can find exploded views and parts by entering your full model number here: If the new fuse blows immediately when you hit the START button, you also have a shorted high voltage capacitor. Need more help?

Posted on Dec 15, 2006

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave blew house outlet circuit breaker, what is wrong

you have a short it could be anything would need to be diagnosed and dont plug back in and try to use again potential fire hazard --compare replacement cost to repair cost

Sep 09, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Why does my microwave Keep popping circuit the breaker?

It will pop the breaker if the breaker is overwhelmed.

Jul 29, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Circuit breaker popping when microwave door is open

I would check or replace the door switches, also check for condensation on the main control panel.

Mar 20, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fan and light keep running and panel is blank

mcdevito75 here, Sounds as though the control board could be faulty, check with any appliance repair center in your area.

Jul 09, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Lg micorwave, lam1180st refridgerator and microwave were plugged into the same outlet. i heard a loud pop. circuit breaker popped. i reset and the frige works fine. Microwave does not have power. the...

It is possible that the interconnection link(s) between the two sockets in the duplex outlet have blown apart. Turn off power at the electrical panel for this circuit, remove the outlet from it's box, and check the interlink on both sides. If obviously burned, replace the socket. A better option is to run another duplex cable from the breaker box to the outlet from a new breaker, cut the interconnections on the new socket, and wire the new cable to the isolated part of the socket. This supplies full power to each half and allows both units to run at the same time.

Oct 19, 2009 | LG 1.2 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave -...

1 Answer

Replacing a circuit board on a microwave

It's very easy to do if you can get the circuit board. Take the two screws out of the plastic fan grill and pop it off. There should be one screw above the control panel. Take that off and the panel should pop off by slightly pushing up. Unhook all the wires and unscrew the board. Put the new board in and your done.

Jan 18, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

4 Answers


Two possible causes.

First (and most likely) the circuit is being overloaded. This kitchen circuit may be shared with another appliance (like the refrigerator) which is drawing enough power when both are running to trip the breaker. A Typical kitchen circuit is 20 amp with #12 wiring. So an 1800 watt microwave might draw 13 or 14 amps while a fridge compressor kicking in can surpass 7 amps before it levels off. If this is an older home the kitchen may have a 15 amp circuit with #14 wiring. If the circuit is a 20 amp you will have to split the appliances onto separate circuits. (Under code a kitchen must have a minimum of 2 separate appliance circuits). If it is a 15 amp you might be able to split them as well or may be looking up upgrading the breaker and the wiring from 15amp #14 to 20 amp #12 (but you could still have the same problem).

The other possibility is a short or loose connection. If splitting appliances onto their own circuits doesn't fix this you would probably want an electrician to come in and check for other underlying causes which could represent a fire hazard.

Hope this helps.

Apr 01, 2008 | Whirlpool GH6177XP Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave Fan Running for 24 hours

Sounds like cycling the power line did it.

Aug 28, 2007 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No Power at all after loud short buzzing sound

sounds Like an electrical fault in the Micro, Sorry but this is broken.... If this is within warranty (do check as some warrantys are for 3 yrs or more) get the manufacturer to replace/repair it for free. you could get it serviced, but it is probably cheaper to buy a new one.

Aug 24, 2007 | Sharp R-1460 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenmore 63652 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

137 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenmore Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8793 Answers


Level 3 Expert

6993 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Kenmore Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides