Question about Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
I have tried plugging my Nuvi 680 into my laptop. The Nuvi shows the icon for Mass Storage Device, but it doesn't show in My Computer or in the storage device list when I try to access it through Administrative tools. I can't download anything to it because there is no way to direct files to the device. Any ideas?
I have a couple of ideas based on the information you gave:
1. That Nuvi has an SD card slot. If your PC has a memory card reader, you could insert an SD card into the machine, copy whatever you want onto that, and then pop the card into the Nuvi.
2. While the Nuvi is hooked up to the PC goto the hardware device manager (In XP right click -> My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware tab -> Device manager) and see if anything has an ! or a ? next to it. If so, that's probably related to your Nuvi and resolving that usually involves reinstalling the driver or updating to the latest driver.
More detailed info on what you're trying to do and the result of the above could get a more specific fix.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2015 | Samsung Cell Phones
Nov 15, 2011 | GPS
1) Disconnecting the nuvi from the charging cable.
2) Press and hold the battery meter icon for 8 seconds. This puts the nuvi into "system test" mode.
3) Plug in the power cable.
4) Click "Exit." The nuvi should now reboot, but remain in GPS mode!
Aug 06, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS
Mar 26, 2011 | Garmin GPS
Mar 22, 2011 | Garmin nuvi® 200 Car GPS Receiver
Dec 12, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 1490T GPS Receiver
Jun 11, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 200 Car GPS Receiver
Dec 16, 2009 | Sony Cybershot S650 Digital Camera
Sep 02, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: