I've had my Kodak 5300 All-In-One InkJet Printer for nearly a yr
Recently when I hook it to my laptop it says that the USB devise is not recognized and the printer will not print. I have had to reinstall the entire driver at least 2 times in the past month. Is there something causing this that I can set to prevent from happening in the future?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: I've had my Kodak 5300 All-In-One InkJet Printer for...
First when you put the usb cable into the laptop both units must be off. After you power them up and load the software, make sure that this print is marked as you default printer, In order to do this after loading the software 1. go to start menu 2.control panel 3. then find the printers, right click on the printer icon then click on set as default printer. with that hopefully you should be ready to go.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Atleast Kodak is trying its best and helping the customers by improving its technologies and manufacturing process everyday.
If you would have an Hp they would ve stopped supporting your out of warranty printer right now.
Visit www.kodak.com/go/itg and follow the step by step process .Get a printhead free of cost is you still facing any problems.
are you try an other card in you printer if its work then your card is not good for this parinter if an other card not working properly then you printer has a problem like hardware, let it go your near repairing shop for repair and if you try to force your partner maybe it makes an other problems for you,
1-Deep clean and calibrate the printhead
2-Try a firmware update @ www.kodak.com/go/downloads
3-Try a removal and reinstall of the printhead and inks
If all this fails, call Kodak Aio support : 1-800-421-6699 (USA)
make sure that your printer is being recognized by your computer. to ensure that go to device manager click on start and then run(XP) for vista click on start>programs>accessories>run then type devmgmt.msc the device manager will come up look for other devices you might have unknown device or eastman kodak company if not then go to universal serial bus controllers. for troubleshooting sake, unplug all devices except from your mouse and keyboard look for usb composite device or usb printing support. if you have a wireless mouse or keyboard u might see 2 usb composite device. uninstall the composite device, unplug the printer and plug it back in. then let the computer recognize it. let me know what happened! good luck!
1. Never put XtraLife paper from a printer dock in any inkjet printer. This paper is not made for inkjets. The ink will simply spill all over the place.
2. You can use any paper you wish that is inkjet paper but you must set the appropriate settings through the print manager if the paper is anything but Kodak inkjet photo paper. The 5100, 5300, and 5500 all recognize the backprint on the Kodak paper and automatically optimize the settings. Other brands of paper are not optimized in this fashion and therefore must be done manually through the print manager or software.