An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: How to take cover off
First, my disclaimer:
I have a much older projector, but the way they are constructed hasn't changed a lot to my knowledge.
An excess of dust can shorten the life of electronics, it's a given. But the majority of these sets are allowed to collect dust for many years of operation before any problem occurs. I sense that you may instead be asking about cleaning the lenses and mirror. Actually, the mirror, since it faces somewhat at a downward angle in these sets tends to stay clean. the lenses however, face upwards, and do get quite dusty, causing a blurry picture, with ghostly images on the screen at their worst. To clean the lenses on most RCA sets I've seen, the screen must be removed. Allow the set to cool and voltages to dissipate for 30 minutes before beginning this process. There should be a removable panel beneath the screen, usually retained by screws on the backside at each end. REmoving the panel will expose the screws that keep the screen in place at the bottom. With the screen removed, the lenses (there are three) will be quite obvious. I clean mine with typical glass cleaner and SOFT paper towels. PAY ATTENTION not to allow any liquid to drip into the projector below or you may disable the projector unit possibly causing damage that must be repaired. If you are successful at the lens cleaning you will have restored the picture quality to like new.
If you find my suggestions to be helpful, please share with us some details so that others may benefit from knowing the whole story. Thank you!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there may be dust behind the screen & also on the reflecting glass. u will see that upper back portion cover is removable. remove it & see that glass there is glass on inner side of cover. clean it, also clean the screen. u will see there are 3 picture tubes faces on bottom side, clean all of them.
if it does not work then u can increase brightness of tv by increasing "screen" control of tv which is on the lower back portion of tv. this can be done by any tv repair expert only.
Yes you need to clean the AIR FILTER located in TV.
Please follow the steps below to clean it.
1. Turn the television off and unplug the AC cord. 2. Locate the dust filter on the left side panel of the TV. 3. Using a phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws that hold the dust filter cover in place. 4. Remove the filter cover, set it and the screws aside. 5. Carefully remove the filter from the TV. 6. Clean the filter material by dusting with a lint-free cloth. 7. If the filter is soiled, you can rinse it with water. Do not use detergents or soap on the filter. 8. Completely air dry the filter before placing it back into the TV. 9. Replace the filter cover and secure with the screws.
For showing location i have attached a image.
Read Each Step Completely - Make Sure 3 Color Guns Are Off And Cool - ---------------------------------------------- 1. Remove Rear Dust Cover
2. Remove the Front Speaker Cover May be Held In By Plastic Pins and or Anchors on the Bottom Note" - Remove The Plastic Cover Just Above Speaker Cover Maybe 2 Piece.
Remove The Screws Holding Top Of Speaker Cover. Then Pull Toward You the Bottom Maybe Anchored So Lift Up.
4.Once Speaker Cover Removed, May Have Screws Just Below Center Plastic Cover Remove Them, Now Remove Center Cover Between Speakers -NOTE" Do Not Touch, Move Any Color Convergence KNOBS" - Lift Front Screen UP - Towards Roof - It Has 3 Flex Grab Anchors On Top And 2 Pins One On Each Side Of TV Frame. - NOTE" Lay Screen On Floor It Is Plexi Glass So It Will Brake If Bent Or Drop Hammer On.
NOTE"- May Have To Remove plastic Cover Frame positioned Around Front Screen And Then Remove Screws.
5. I Use Windex Glass Cleaner And Either Cotton Balls Or White Tube Sock On Color Gun Lens Covers And Clean Mirror Like The One In Bath Room.
6. Take White Sheet Or Bead Spread And Anchor On top Of TV With Weights, Stretch Around Each Side Of TV Use Chairs To Anchor On Each Side Of TV. Place Dust Cover Or Heavy Card Board Where Plexi Glass Was Positioned.
7. Turn On TV - go To Rear and Now You Can Adjust Colors Brightness And Low Light - High Light - Horizontal - Ect....While Looking at Picture.
8. Install In REVERSE - Order Just Wipe Color Guns Lens Last. Note" - If you have Wet/Dry Vac or Fan Or Blow Dryer Take A 2 - to - 3 Inch Paint Brush And While Brushing Circuit Boards Any Dust For That Matter Blow Dust Off And Out Even Brush Speaker Cover"...ECT...Do This Before Any Cleaning
9. Just A Thought If You Ever Want to Change Color Gun Cooling Oil - Wrap All Circuit Boards With plastic Bags And then I use Bath Towol And Paper Towols To Catch As Much Spill As I Can And Then Spray With Windex To Make Dry While Blowing Air Onto Spill - Also I have Found Clear Mineral Oil Like Johnson Baby Oil To Work As Well If Not Better Then Glycol Oil. I Get For $2.50 For 20 Oz Bottle.
Yes I Had The Same problem , if your handy with fixing things this will work. Step 1- unplug the TV from wall socket Step 2- disconnect all devices like VCR's DVD Players from the TV Step 3- remove the speaker covers from the TV Step 4 - There are 14 screws on front cover, remove these with a Philips driver, set cover aside clean with soft brush and wash with water Step 5- Gently raise the cover straight up to release it from its supports Once cleared from supports , remove the cover.
Tips- Make sure you don't scratch any of the screens or CRTs
You can clean the mirror with any glass cleaner, make sure to wipe it clean , water and vinegar does a good job to eliminate streaks.
Use a soft duster to clean the dust from the circut boards Tip - Remember take it easy when cleaning
When your finished cleaning, just reverse the steps
I know my response is a while after you asked, but to clean the inside of the tv case is pretty simple.
Remove the bottom speaker cover...on this model you just pull it off. There is no clips or screws.
Once the speaker cover is off you will see the bottom of the screen, there is 4-5 screws on the bottom on each side....I think 4 in the gray plastic and 1 in a black metal strap. With all of those screws out pull out SLIGHTLY on the screen and push up. The top is held in with a down force clamp and you are just popping it out of that....It will pop back in once you are done.
Now clean the back side of the screen, the mirror and CAREFULLY dust off the lenses. I myself did not want to use any cleaners (to avoid streaking) so I used a new microfiber dusting cloth. My picture became brighter and the "crack" that I thought I had was just a dust web....
you probably have a little of both. the shutting off is definately heat related but could be too much dust on heatsinks, etc causing it to shutdown. cleaning may eliminate problem but could be a sign of an underlying issue..
the dust can really cause the picture to dim. most of these tvs you can pull the "lightbox" or guts out of the cabinet to clean all 3 lenses, and clean the mirror if needed. don't mess with the screens except cleaning the front from outside. usually a 1/4" driver will be all you need, and a soft cloth for the lenses. use compressed air or a vacuum to clean out dust which will help with cooling, but the picture is only effected by dust on lenses, mirror, and screens.
The important thing here is cleaning the refelective mirror inside you tv .We have noticed in dirty areas the dirt on mirror makes blurry picture.THerefore you have to open back cover and than tp cover to clean mirror and also dont forget to claen c.r.t lenses ,sisnce they are mounted facing upward ,lot of dust sit on c.r.t lens there fore clean 3 of them r.g.b..And you will notice on picture diffrence.
Wow, You are asking for a complete disasemmbly. If this is necessary, you have to remove any screws you can find that are connected to the front panel. Usually they are in the top of the set ( you'll find them after removing the mirror panel and mirror ). I wouldn't remove any tubes as the tube convergence would have to be all reset and that would require a cross hair generator. I do hope this has helped in some way, but all I can do is send you my best wishes as I certainaly don't suggest disassembly if there is any other way. Good luck