Question about Bosch 30 in. NET7452UC Electric Cooktop
What do error codes Er 26 and Er 42 mean?
Problem: Error codes 26 or 42 after turning on too many heating elements.
Potential issue: Damaged main electronic board
Specific case: Error code 42 after turning on more than 3 elements, then already after 2, 1 until none of the cooking element could be turned on, over a period of a few weeks.
Root cause: Dying/blown electrolytic capacitor on the main electronics board.
1) Turn off power (circuit breaker) - caution high voltage inside the cooktop
2) Lift the cooktop out of the hole in the countertop and slide it on a flat surface
3) Remove all screws around the metal housing using a torx screwdriver
4) Carefully tilt the glass top out of the housing on the front, noting that there are electrical connections in the rear, and place the rear end of the glass on a stable surface. You may need someone's assistance here.
5) After double-checking that there is no power, record the color coding of the four wires connected to the glass assembly (green for ground, white, black, red from left to right)
6) Next open the black plastic cover by removing four Torx screws.
7) Carefully remove from the connector on the left the the plastic strip connecting to the display board.
8) Carefully remove the circuit board with relays and capacitors that is held in place by plastic tabs.
9) If one of the capacitors is bulging out or showing sings of damage on top, replacing it may fix the appliance. De-soldering a bad capacitor requires some tools and skill. Replace the capacitor with at least the same capacity, voltage and use high-temp. 105C version) Alternatively, instead of replacing a $2 component you will have to replace the entire board.
10) Reassemble and done.
Posted on Oct 07, 2012
Testimonial: "Absolutely correct solution of the problem!!!"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2016 | Cooktops
Jul 29, 2015 | Kenmore 30" Electric Induction Cooktop...
Good Afternoon friend, I appreciate your inquiry!
Typically on an Electrolux induction cooktop the "E4" error code stands for key sensor for timer. Which means you could be experiencing an issue with the right board, center board, or left board. I would perform a reset on your cooktop and you can do that by flipping the household circuit breaker off for ten minutes.
If that does not assist with clearing any false error codes or the error "E4" continues to display I would suggest seeking assistance from a professional for proper diagnosis and repair. Hopefully this helps. -Matt
Oct 18, 2014 | Electrolux 36" Electric Hybrid Induction...
Hi friend, thank you for your inquiry!
I understand that you are receiving an "ER" error code on your Frigidaire range and you want to clear the code. "ER" stands for error, I would recommend performing a reset which can be done by flipping the household circuit breaker for roughly ten minutes. That should clear any false error codes. If you continue to receive an "ER" or any different codes please provide that feedback. I hope this helps. -Matt
Aug 23, 2014 | Frigidaire Stove / Oven / Range Cooktop...
May 03, 2014 | GE Monogram ZEU30R Electric Cooktop
Sep 19, 2011 | AEG 23 in. 6410KF-N Electric Cooktop
Aug 21, 2011 | AEG 23 in. 6410KF-N Electric Cooktop
Feb 20, 2013 | Bosch 30 in. NET7452UC Electric Cooktop
3,037 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: