Question about HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to change it in the menu, it's stopping because once it reaches the letter size the sensor detects that there is still paper there and jams.
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
SOURCE: tray output
You should configure TRAY 1 as Legal only.
and Tray 2 as plain letter.
Specially when you specify from what tray/paper type to print.
This can be easily configured from the Printer Properties within the Printers and Faxes section of the Control Panel.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
SOURCE: Paper tray?
Two possible solutions;
1) Check the settings in the printer driver for the default tray. The other user could very well have changed them and set tray 1 as the default tray.
2) Check the paper size settings in the paper tray. Pull tray 2 out and check the paper guides. Make sure the paper guide in the front and left of the paper tray are set for the correct media type (letter, legal, etc.)
The printer reads the tabs in the back of the papertray to identify the paper size. If someone moved it while loading paper the printer identifies another paper size and defaults into the tray that has the size of paper required to print.
Hope this solves your problem.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Go to Printers on start menu, Right-click on the printer go to properties, if you are lucky the 'printing preferences' are on the 'general' tab, click on it and you should have an option there to change it to letter..
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
I just ran into this same issue with an HP LaserJet P4015n. Worked with HP and the resolution ended up being the following.
Hopefully this will work with the P4515n printer as well.
1. Open EWS page (printer page) in Internet Explorer.
2. Log into printer as administrator
2. Click on Settings tab, Configure device, System Setup
3. You will find Tray Behavior
4. Change tray 2 model to Standard Tray.
This should give you the standard options for the Tray 2 size or default to the size detected.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2013 | HP LaserJet 4050 Printer
Sep 09, 2013 | HP LaserJet 4100 Printer
Apr 29, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Oct 18, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Dec 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4100 Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Mar 23, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Nov 19, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Oct 23, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4100 Printer
Dec 18, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!