Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jun 08, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 05, 2011 | Epson Stylus C48 InkJet Printer
Jun 29, 2010 | HP Deskjet 5940 Photo InkJet Printer
Apr 11, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Oct 02, 2009 | Kyocera FS-920 Laser Printer
Aug 19, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 08, 2008 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Aug 20, 2008 | Lexmark E250dn Laser Printer
Sep 14, 2007 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Dec 14, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!