Question about HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Two possible solutions;
1) Check the settings in the printer driver for the default tray. The other user could very well have changed them and set tray 1 as the default tray.
2) Check the paper size settings in the paper tray. Pull tray 2 out and check the paper guides. Make sure the paper guide in the front and left of the paper tray are set for the correct media type (letter, legal, etc.)
The printer reads the tabs in the back of the papertray to identify the paper size. If someone moved it while loading paper the printer identifies another paper size and defaults into the tray that has the size of paper required to print.
Hope this solves your problem.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4050 Printer
Jun 04, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4200 All-In-One Laser Printer
Oct 02, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Sep 09, 2008 | Lexmark Optra SC 1275 Laser Printer
Aug 08, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
May 06, 2008 | Gestetner - 6002 Digital Imaging System...
Jan 09, 2007 | Konica Minolta bizhub C351 All-In-One...
1,617 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!