Question about Xerox Phaser 8400DP Thermal Printer
After replacing the maintenance kit this error occured on the first wake up. Can I solve this problem by my own or do I need special tools?
Hi, I hope I can be your last chance at solving this problem. According to Xerox, Phaser 8400 has an updated firmware that needs to be downloaded for your printer. go to this link: http://www.office.xerox.com/perl-bin/formeng.pl?form=8400printheadfirmware (just copy and paste)
and it will take you through a registration and testing for the firmware.
If there continues to be that error message, follow this link for a specialilzed diagnostic tool for Xerox
http://www.phasersmart.com/, again, just copy and paste into another window.
I hope I've been of some help!
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
The printhead tilt is not engaged, so it didn't tilt back properly or the printhead is stuck in
the tilted position by the tilt lock arms. The process motor gear train getting out of sync
can also cause this error.
1. Try rebooting the printer.
2. Check for an obstruction or damage in the process
3. Ensure the gears are correctly aligned and homed, see
page 6-8. If faulty replace the process gearbox
4. Run the Tilt Axis Drive test to test the headtilt.
5. Run the Head Maintenance Wiper Clutch test. If the
test fails, replace the wiper drive clutch.
6. Run the Wiper Axis Drive test.
7. Replace the exit assembly.
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
The following items can cause the printer error code listed above:
• The printer was powered off in the middle of a cleaning cycle
and the wiper has frozen to the printhead.
• A Drum Maintenance Camshaft lobe is broken and holding the
Maintenance Kit’s oil roller against the drum when it should be
retracted to its home position.
• Process gearbox not being aligned correctly as described in the
service manual and in Service Bulletin 714.
• A broken left or right printhead restraint.
• Ink spilled in the roll block preventing the printhead from tilting
forwards/backwards or from traveling left/right.
• Ink or other debris under the printhead that do not allow it to
fully tilt backwards or forward.
• The printhead wiper assembly not being aligned correctly or ink
spilled in the wiper tracks on either side of the printer.
• The printhead tilt gear not being homed correctly.
• The X-axis motor nose cone not being installed correctly.
• The ferrite torrid on the printhead interface cable has slipped
behind the printhead causing the printhead to bind when it tilts
• The black plastic shroud on the back of the printhead is snapped
off and binding the printhead when it tilts back.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Mar 30, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Dec 03, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 12, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Feb 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Oct 15, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Sep 09, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Mar 30, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
Jun 11, 2017 | Xerox Phaser 8400DP Thermal Printer
403 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!