I lost my disk and i need to transfer my pic from my camera to my computer. I don't know much about camera and computer so, I don't know if i can transfer without a disk. I installed the first time but something happen w/my computer somebody fixed and delete it.
Can you help me please...
lost my canon digital camera solution disk. need to download that and the Advanced Guide. powershot sd1000
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This sounds like the program you are using to download the pics is set to erase them from the card when the download is complete. You need to dig into the program and adjust the settings. That's as much as I can tell you since I don't know what program you're using. Your camera is fine.
My solution is to unistall your current canon software that holds 15 canon components in your computer. You will find them under system task and select remove programs. After you have uninstalled the program, reinstall your "Canon Digital Camera Disk" and follow their prompts. Now you should be able to transfer images again as per normal. I have answered this question in detail under another question postered by "whitecar631" under canon "save folder not found" canon sd1100. This worked for me, but I don"t know how to prevent it happening again. I do know the day I lost all "my pictures", I had previously deleted a large file in my documents. I also experienced "save folder not found" when I tried to transfer images from my canon ixus 100. I was lucky enough that I had all of my original SD Flash Media Cards, so could transfer all my photos again. I have since put all my photos into labelled folders instead of dates and images. Hope this helps, it appears to be a problem in the canon program. Joyce
When you transferred the pics from the cards to your computer, did you use the "safely remove hardware" function before removing the cards or cord or whatever method you used? If not, this is why you're getting the error message. If the pics are safely downloaded, format the cards in the camera to get them working again.
Hi Zack, welcome to FixYa. You can solve that problem 1 of 2 ways.
1) Are you using a memory card in your camera? If you are, then you can plug it into a slot on your pc (if you have one), and transfer them that way. If you don't have one, you can purchase a card reader that plugs into your pc, and read them that way.
2) If your pictures are in the camera's internal memory and not on the card, most camera models allow you to move pictures from the camera's internal memory to the card. Check the manual to see if your model allows that. Don't worry, all is not lost. Let me know if you have any other problems.
it is very simple when u connect ur camera to pc through data cabel u seen dat dere is some driver automatically u need not ny software to connect to ur pc... if u r using windows xp.... when u connect it automatically ask u to copy images...... if it not ask then u hv to transfer ur picture through cardreader... connect cardreader wid pc n copy all pics.. but it can be used to transfer only ur memorycard pictures..